AGUILA Teachers of Promise
AGUILA Youth Leadership Institute and Teach For America will be hosting an ATOP Information Session on Saturday, August 27th.
If you’re interested in attending, please RSVP here: https://goo.gl/forms/2I8bM67wgVXCk5sI3
Where: Pueblo del Sol Middle School | 3449 N 39th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85019
When: Saturday, August 27th from 12:20-1:20pm
What is ATOP?
The AGUILA Teachers of Promise (ATOP) work to serve 8th grade students in a local school district now, while preparing for a future as dynamic educators committed to closing the educational opportunity gap for students across the Valley.
Who can become an ATOP?
Applicants must be…
- · An alumni of the AGUILA Youth Leadership Institute
- · Starting their sophomore, junior, or senior year in college
- · Enrolled in a college or university in Phoenix
- · Currently hold a 2.5 GPA or higher
Why become an ATOP?
- · Get hands-on classroom experience and make a difference for students now
- · Receive professional development from both AGUILA and Teach For America staff
- · Learn more about the Teach For America organization and their application process
What is the commitment?
ATOPs commit to the following:
Supporting an AGUILA faculty in the classroom 1-5 hours a month (1 hour minimum, additional hours will be on a volunteer basis and highly recommended
Seven professional development sessions throughout the 2016-2017 school year
o Kickoff event for all accepted applicants to be held on Friday, September 30, 2016
o Remaining professional developments dates TBD
Submitting an application to join Teach For America
How do I apply?
Due Sept. 3, 2016
Please submit your application to become an ATOP at:
The application should take no longer than 30 minutes!
Interested in learning more about the ATOP program?
Reach out directly to:
· Rosemary Hernandez at email@example.com
· Anna Lisa Caraveo at AnnaLisa.Caraveo@teachforamerica.org